Review: Slave Hunt

Slave Hunt
@jarockauthor #bookreview #SlaveHunt #netgalley

Slave Hunt by J.A. Rock
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The final installment of The Subs Club has been a long time coming for me to read.  For that, I give Ms. Rock sincere apologies.  This book is a smorgasbord in kink lifestyle preferences.  This matches up to the many POV switching throughout the book.  Normally, I am not a fan of switching from one to another POV in the 1st person.  In this book, it works and it is kind of fun, even if at times I have to re-orient myself and figure out which I is talking.  Sort of like multiple split personalities.

I find that Drix is still the one that befuddles me and I want to learn more about his vampiric energy ways.  Very Asian in influence and I like it.  It is interesting to see this group of socially awkward friends with their partners going around in a paintball hunt.  I have always thought paintball would be a great game for the kink lifestyle.  Ms. Rock brings it to life in a great erotically charged manner.

This book should not be read as a standalone.  It is a lot to handle all the different pairings from the first 4 books.  I kind of feel like this series is ended prematurely because there are still a couple of characters that scream for their own stories.  Especially when Drix notices something going on with Dave's arch nemesis.  C'est la vie.

What I liked about this book is that it brings together all the friends who suffered and grieved post a kink related death.  Seeing them reconciling the death and moving on is quite a feat.  The realism in this is appealing and I wish the outcome in this tale would be how it is in real life.  Kudos to Ms. Rock for taking a very hard topic and humanizing it.  This kinky erotica is recommended to readers who like fun, spankings and kinky shenanigans.  


*provided by NetGalley

Comments

Popular Posts