Review: Working For It

Working For It Working For It by D.S. Dane
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

New to me author D.S. Dane piques my interest with this Dark Obsessions series.  I especially like the Daddy Dom in this story.  A big fan of this in real life, it is interesting to see how an author creates their Daddy Dom.  I can definitely state, Slade is a deliciously created Daddy Dom who is right up my alley.  The way he explains how it works to newbie Sadie is spot on.  Their interaction from the get go is so good to witness as it is clear these are two well adjusted adults who get on with their kink.  

Whilst I don't recommend fictional books and characters a guides to BDSM, this one, I can say gives a realistic picture of how the Daddy/little girl interaction works.  I commend Author D.S. Dane for doing a superb job on it.  The different play scenes in this story are realistic and arousing.  If Author Dane is not in the lifestyle, then they did a good job with their research to bring about authenticity.  

The characters are relateable.  This "sex" club Slade owns isn't a glitterkink club.  It comes across pretty close to the ones I have been to and enjoyed.  Slade is a dominant who reminds me of a few doms I know in real life.  They aren't perfect people or all knowing, as Slade exhibits with a couple of faux pas.  Sadie is the one that kind of threw me and I liked her even when she acted out.  She is a bratty sub which is not my favourite type of sub.  I tend to not play with bratty subs.  She is pretty cute in this story because she also takes ownership of herself.  There was one scene where I nearly put down the book and thought "here we go, crazy contrived miscommunication with an overly dramatic whiny girl".  Fortunately, Sadie didn't spiral down into a petulant pissant.  Instead she behaved in an appealing adult manner and used.her.words.  I like that about Sadie.  She isn't into mind games.  She just wants to find her "one" and start building a life together.

There are a couple of subplots going on in this story which is what brings the rating down for me.  I am not clear if these two threads will be resolved or if it just is left hanging.  The issue with "Lord Lux" and Sadie's ex, Asher, makes me want to look at the next book to see what happens.  If these two characters end up as a dead end with no conclusion, then I find both of the characters to be extraneous and should have been removed from the storyline.

This erotic novel is recommended to kinky readers as a Gateway-to-BDSM story.  

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.


Featured Book Reviewer

Comments

Popular Posts