Review: United

United United by Karen Nappa
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ménage stories where it is a true triad is appealing and alluring for me.  New to me author Karen Nappa pulls me into this kinky ménage.  I believe I have found a new BDSM author to read.  Full disclosure, I read this book out of order of the series.  I feel this book can be read as a standalone.  

When I first started this book, I liked seeing that Kate is a domme.  When she gets it on with Chris, a dom, I won't lie... I felt a sense of dread and thought I might not finish this book.  I have no issues with dommes turning switch and becoming submissive to a dom, but it happens so often that I'm really tired of reading the female not taking the lead.  To my delight and surprise, this does not happen.  Kate doesn't ever switch because she has no desire to sub or bottom to anyone.  Her fears of being with Chris are understandable even if she's ruthlessly unkind about it.  I disagree with how Kate treats Chris and accuses him of being a liar. I understand why she felt this way, I just didn't like it.  

Ms. Nappa does a lovely job of showing the ins and outs of a ménage complicated with two dominants and one very masochistic submissive.  I love how Kate and Chris find their balance to co-top Yvonne.  This is so delicious to me... Yvonne is their special missing piece.  When it comes to ménage, more than the three involved are impacted.  Seeing the different responses from the families is a little too painfully realistic.  Ms. Nappa does a great job of showing how communication is key throughout the relationship between the three lovers and how it extends to their loved ones.

The BDSM scenes in this story are accurate and delightful.  The whippings and spankings are erotic.  The sex between the three is hawt and I loved it.  I like how a contract is incorporated into the kink for Kate, Chris and Yvonne.  The BDSM club also comes across as a pretty realistic one, not just for the uber rich. It is clear that this kinky series is doing its best to showcase the different kinks in a realistic manner - down to the volunteers needed to help out at a Munch.  This erotic ménage is recommended as a Gateway to BDSM book. 

*I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Comments

Popular Posts