Review: The Fixer

The Fixer The Fixer by Renee Rose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
@reneeroseauthor #bookreview #sexyerotica

Book Two in the Chicago Bratva series picks up where the first book ends by focusing on Maxim and his "unwilling" bride.  This technically can be read as a standalone but it is recommended to read the first book for a better understanding of this world.  This series is perhaps better renamed as the "hostage brides" or the "unwilling women".  Because in this one, just like the first, the female definitely does not want to be held captive.  

This is a second chance theme with Sasha forced to marry Maxim at the behest of her father.  Their past is a bit complicated and could have been really bad for Maxim.  Having been apart for over six years makes it not only awkward but scary for Sasha because now she is at Maxim's mercy.

At first, I didn't think I would end up liking this book because Sasha needs a good spanking.  She is a spoiled brat and completely useless.  Ms. Rose does a good job of setting the stage for her growth in a short period of time.  By the time this story ended, it felt like Sasha and Maxim's story is just beginning.  I wanted to read more about them.  Their chemistry is off the charts to begin with.  As they learn to work together, the intensity increases with their shared intimacy.  I loved how they started to fall in love with each other.

Ms. Rose does not make it easy and throws in a couple of obstacles which makes the story even better.  It plays to the fears that both Sasha and Maxim carry from their childhood trauma.  I like how they have to work to communicate and come to a better place in order for their arranged marriage to work.  The ending and epilogue wrap this sweet romance up nicely.

The sugarkink designation is for the kinky funishments Maxim carries out on his bratty bride.  Personally, I think he goes to easy on her.  He needs to step it up a notch because she is a handful.  She is young and her role models were not as good as the ones he had.  

This erotic romance is recommended for kinky readers who like alpha males with a second chance theme.


OWNED BY THE MAN I BETRAYED
Eight years ago I uttered a lie that changed a man’s life.
My father banished him from his bratva cell. From the country.
Now he’s back to take my inheritance. My life. Not through murder, but marriage.
And my own father arranged it.
Maxim thinks he can make me submit to his will. He thinks he gets to call all the shots.
I wanted him once and he refused me. I won’t fall for him again.
And I don’t plan to cave.
Not even when he makes me tremble with need…

Comments

Popular Posts