Review: Wicked

Wicked Wicked by Sasha White
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Purchased over a decade ago, I am flummoxed as to why I never read the book.  Luckily, this author contacted me for possibly a group book read in the BDSM Group on Goodreads.  This is the book she recommended and I found out I have a paperback copy.  I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet erotica.

For those who are starting their kinky journey into BDSM erotica, Ms. White's Dungeon series is a great Gateway-to-BDSM series.  I read this book by itself and it can be read as a standalone.  It is deliciously sexy with an erotic sensual dominant. 

Karl Dawson has been in the lifestyle for a decade now.  Single and disenchanted with marriage as a divorce lawyer, he is experiencing ennui.  He sees his friends settling down with "the one" and he thinks perhaps not everyone will be lucky enough to find his one.  When he encounters Lara Fox by chance through his personal assistant, he suddenly wakes up from the monotony of his life.

What I liked about this story:

The BDSM is pretty spot on.  There are many types of kinksters and Karl's style is pretty familiar to me.  I did wince a bit at his telling Lara there will be no safe words.  However this too does happen in real life.  I personally don't recommend playing without a safe word, especially for new people, but that's me.

I liked the chase between Karl and Lara as they find their middle ground.  Their erotic power exchange is nicely done.  Lara's newbie questions are all valid and how she searched for answers through the internet rings true. Their kinky interludes are hot and sexy.  The chemistry between the two is apparent and arousing.

What I didn't like about the book:

When Karl decided to stay with just Lara, he ended a couple relationship where they were just for play.  One of them went Glenn Close stalker.  I thought there would be something more to this subplot but the story ended without this being resolved.  I thought perhaps there would be a follow up book but it doesn't seem like there will be.  I leaves me feeling unfinished and I'm not a fan of leaving a pivotal thread like this hanging.  Either don't have this thread or tie it off.

Overall, I found this book to be an easy and enjoyable read.  I recommend it to kinky readers who like the lighter side to kink with a sensual dominant instead of a sadist.

Comments

Popular Posts