Review: Desire

Desire Desire by Lesli Richardson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book 3 in the Determination Trilogy is smoking hawt!  I love this political series from the Talented Ms. Richardson.  Normally I avoid political themes because quite often, the author likes to go into their far left or far right rants.  Although I find most authors lean far left.  Neither are appealing lectures to read about in a romance, especially an erotic romance.  Fortunately, this story is more about the ins and outs of non conventional relationship when in the political eye.  This can not be read as a standalone.  The first two books in this series should be read before starting this one.

When it comes to ménage, Ms. Richardson is one of my favourite authors, be it with this name or her other pseudonym. This one with a BDSM kink to it is delicious and so sensual.  A FMm triad is hard to find stories about and Ms. Richardson pens an potentially explosive one.  Explosive in that if the three are found out by the media or other politicians, it could be a career suicide.

Perhaps it is the illicitness of doing something so naughty in a job that is supposed to be spotless.  I still am befuddled as to when politicians were suddenly held to morale standards that are impossible.  Especially as most of them are power hungry sociopaths.  I digress.  Kevin, ShaeLynn and Chris are people I wish could be in politics.  Well, ShaeLynn and Chris . . .Kevin wants nothing to do with it.  These three characters are well developed and they strive to do the best they can for the people they represent whilst honouring the love they share between them.  It's beautiful.

I devoured this book and I love this universe that Ms. Richardson created.  I would read any book in this universe.  I highly recommend to this menage to romance readers who enjoy kinky erotica and politics. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts