Review: Flamed

Flamed Flamed by Katie Douglas
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

One of the authors I follow provided this as a free book in their newsletter.  I am not sure when this all started for authors to provide freebies from author friends, but I love it. I have found several new authors I liked through this referral system and now I want to read more of their books.  Katie Douglas is one of these new to me authors.  First I want to know, where is the second book in this series?  Because I want to read it.  

I do love space opera stories because they appeal to me.  They are designed for fantasy lovers who also enjoy tech and aliens.  Even better, this one includes dragon shifters who are into sharing a mate. I have been slow to adopt this category of "reverse harem" because I just called it multiple partners over a decade ago when I first started reading Natalie Acres and Jenny Penn.  Now it seems to have taken off and I find it amusing.

In this reverse harem, Alora is saved by dragon shifters who thought they were saving dragon eggs.  The world building for this book is... a bit weak. For hardcore plot and world creation readers, this story, is really more about... sex.  Wow, the sex in this story is pretty hawt and this is coming from a jaded erotica reader.  I found it fun, refreshing and steamy.  Involving spankings and daddy dom kink just cranked it up another notch for me.  Wowza.  

The 4 brothers with the same mother but different fathers, Brynn, Canavan, Sharpe and Argon are all well suited to take on Alora.  Alora who does not exactly know her history as she thinks.  She doesn't even know her father as well as she would like either.  This story did have a little bit of twists and turns but overall was easy to follow and predict.  I would like to know more about the elves and why the dragons are sharing the same planet as the elves. Whilst this book does not end in a cliffhanger, it does have a hook to the next book.  Not sure when the next book will be produced as it looks as if the author stopped writing and their social media ceased to exist.  Hopefully, Ms. Douglas will start up again and take us back into this fun world of sexy dragon shifters. 

Comments

Popular Posts