Review: Search and Rescue

Search and Rescue Search and Rescue by Lucy Felthouse
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

This was a rough book for me to read which is why I am leaving it unrated.  I didn't enjoy this book all which is unexpected.  I am a fan of Ms. Felthouse and this genre is one I enjoy.  I enjoy the sci-fi aspects as well as reverse harem.  For some reason, this story didn't do it for me.

On a mysterious mission with minimal information, Jason Chastain drags his former military buddies on a search and rescue.  Barely making it to the location that is emitting the emergency beacon, Jason and his team: Aidan, Taylor and Joshua.  Finding the beacon takes incredible feats against weather, ocean and land terrain.  When Jason finally finds the place should be, he is surprised but what he finds.

I thought this was going to be an erotic sexy time with some suspense action.  Instead, this story is struggling to decide its own identity.  Is this a climate change soap box, a feminist empowerment for STEM, speculative fiction or a comic book spoof?  I'm not sure and I'm not enjoying it.  The lecturing of climate change aside, the almost Fantastic Four type scenario comes out of left field.  Kim's background is frankly unbelievable and the pseudo science thrown into the story left me confused and wondering when the sexy times would start.  Hint: not until close to 90% of the book is done.

Since I picked up this book due to the theme of reverse harem, I expected sexy time much sooner and much dirtier.  I must admit, about half way through this book I feared I was ending up reading a book without sex.  There is nothing wrong with that, but when I signed up for erotica, I am looking for some smoking hot sex.  The sex scene in this story is probably best for those who enjoy a little sweet Netflix and Chill.  For a jaded kinkster, I nearly missed the sex scene.

This story does have some interesting concepts and I understand it is only the first in the series.  Perhaps the slow build up is to help with the world building.  For me, it is not enough to continue on with the rest of the series.  This series is recommended to romance readers who enjoy it slow and steady with a twist of fantasy.

Comments

Popular Posts