Review: Bound by Red

Bound by Red
@P_Stormcrow #BoundbyRed #Bookreview
Bound by Red by P. Stormcrow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

New to me author P. Stormcrow delights me with her retelling of Little Red Hood.  Erotic nods to faery tales always catch my interest.  Kinky and sweet, I am definitely adding this author to my list for reading.  

Scarlett finally breaks down to use a dating app to find a guy.  Her match is super hawt but a little... inattentive.  Derrick the "dud" as I call him wastes Scarlett's time by showing up late to date.  His lack of consideration, especially when he takes her to a private kink party throws up all kinds of red flags. Fortunately for Scarlett, she runs into the right man, Lucas.  Lucas seems to be showing up in various places and continues to catch her eye.

I liked the compare and contrast between Derrick and Lucas.  This is both from a boyfriend material as well as a dominant perspective.  Lucas's special twist also makes him a bit more attractive to me, even if it makes Scarlet think she's losing her mind.

This short story is tightly written, flows smoothly and blends in the kink element nicely.  The characters are relate-able and even the secondary characters are fun.  Scarlet's granny is a hoot and nearly steals the show.  The erotic scenes are bdsm-lite and enjoyable.  This erotic romance is recommended as a Gateway to BDSM book.

Comments

Popular Posts