Review: Uber Gothic: Industrial Sorcery

Uber Gothic: Industrial Sorcery Uber Gothic: Industrial Sorcery by Morgan Hawke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A promising erotic writer who was ahead of her time with BDSM elements to her sci-fi/fantasy, I loved her books.  I found Ms. Hawke through Author Angela Knight.  When Ms. Hawke writes and publishes her stories, I'm entranced.  She elevates the erotic factor into a supernova level for me most times.  It is unfortunate that some of her teaser stories in amazing worlds she's created are still unwritten after a decade of waiting.

This story is a concisely erotica fantasy with a vampire and a witch.  This is back when there aren't that many kick ass heroine who could wield magic.  Mixing a werewolf and vampire gives the primal and blood lust I enjoy.  I remember reading this story and wondering why there aren't more writers who hit all my kinks.  There are still very few who come close to the skill of Ms. Hawke.  There is something about her writing voice and how she creates her universe that pulls me in.  

What I enjoy most is how she never uses the terms in BDSM and never outright states it.  Her ability to so clearly communicate and show a BDSM dynamic whilst never saying it out loud is what impresses me.  She is the kind of author I give to readers who say they like erotica but they don't want that "Fifty Shades BDSM crap.  I won't even go into how Fifty Shades isn't BDSM.  What I find interesting that reading the sexy dynamics in this story and other Ms. Hawke's stories is alluring and attractive to many women who want a bit more heat to their romance.  

This erotic romance is highly recommended as a Gateway to BDSM book.

Comments

Popular Posts