Review: Working Out

Working Out
@MHarte_Author #BookReview
Working Out by Marie Harte
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What took me so long to read this book? I picked this book up years ago and I am a huge fan of Ms. Harte.  One of my goals is to whittle down my TBR pile.  I am glad I picked this one out of my TBR pile because it is a deliciously erotic romance perfect for the month of May.  

This book started slow for me. I didn't read the first book in the trilogy which I believe introduced both Maggie and Mac as secondary characters.  I found it hard at first like this couple because they are so snippy at each other.  Their "love language" is to be cutting to each other and I find this to be distasteful. I don't want to be around couples that sound like they are fighting all the time.  Reading about them is even less appealing.  After a bit, they do grow on me and their dysfunctional verbal communication is resolved by their smoking hawt nonverbal horizontal naked mamba. 

The kinky maledom aspects to this story kick up the heat and I will fully admit to be being bribed into a higher book review rating through sex. The sex scenes in this story is my kind of kinkiness.  I loved the playful D/s dynamic. Maggie changes from an uptight shrew into a sweet submissive. I like the bedroom Maggie more than the fitness instructor Maggie. Mac is pretty consistent in his personality.  He learns to manage Maggie and finds a way to reassure her that she is the one for him.  The conflicts and insecurities in this story are straightforward and predictable. Their reconciliation and familial support is sweet.  This erotic romance is recommended as a BDSM Gateway book

Comments

Popular Posts