Review: Court and Spark

Court and Spark Court and Spark by Tymber Dalton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

To my surprise, we return to see what happens after the "happily ever after" Fen and Joel in a previous books - Reconsider Me.  Whilst this book technically can be read as a standalone, it would make more sense and be more meaningful to read Reconsider Me first.  

I remember when I read Reconsider Me and Fen had a hard limit that is pretty conflicting when in a mm relationship.  I'm not going to go into it because I don't want to give away any spoilers.  This book re-examines the hard limit and poses interesting situations and provides readers more perspective.  What I like about Ms. Dalton's kinky series is that she exposes readers to different kinks that are not mainstream.  She also provides scenarios that can happen in real life that most people don't talk about.  On top of that, she reveals experiences and the perspective from the different characters so that readers who didn't understand may gain some understanding.  I love this about her writing - the empathy she generates in her readers.  I certainly loved seeing Fen and Joel work through their relationship with communication and respect.

Getting back to the kinky side, the kink in here almost takes a back seat to the new hobby Fen picks up.  Although, is pole dancing not kinky?  It is a blurred line.  What I did find thoroughly amusing and heart warming is Fen's learning to dance and how he does it for Joel.  This is a fun book that at times moves a reader to tears with the character's responses to situations.  This erotic romance is recommended to kinky readers who would like a view into the lifestyle. 

Comments

Popular Posts