Review: Penitent Place - A Reformatory for Deceitful Wives

Penitent Place - A Reformatory for Deceitful Wives Penitent Place - A Reformatory for Deceitful Wives by Marian Wilder
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Erotic, fanciful and includes a club that I would love to work at... Penitent Place reminds me of BDSM stories of older times.  Specifically back when BDSM reads were more fantasy with a nod to a "school" like the one from the Story of O.  I enjoyed those kinky style stories because they are a great spank bank fantasy.  This first book from new to me author Ms. Wilder entices me to read the rest in this series.

This theme of a cheating wife being sent to a reform school complete with sexual re-education is a popular fantasy.  Ms. Wilder does a great job of creating the cheating wife set up and how to discipline the repentant wife.  I thoroughly enjoyed this journey.  I also kind of wish there was a place like this for me to work.  Perhaps something I could do when I retire from my vanilla day job. . . 

This is a pretty straightforward erotica with light to mild kinky scenes.  There are a couple of described scenes that have a bit more intensity.  Overall, I like this book well enough that I want to add it to the BDSM Group's BOTM read.  We haven't read anything as fanciful as this in a long while.  Most of the BDSM and kink these days are leaning more towards GlitterKink, SugarKink or realistic BDSM in an educational sort of manner.  It's nice to read something that is fiction and fun.  One of the characters in this story is hilarious and I hope she shows up in the next couple of books.

This erotica is recommended to kinky readers who like happily ever afters.


Comments

Marian Wilder said…
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. In my own opinion, this is actually the best review I have ever received, as you completely grasped what I was trying to portray.
Your reference to 'Story of O' truly makes my day, as it is my all-time fav book; I am honored.
(Love your blog site -- Now a fan.)


Marian Wilder
x
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I found your books somehow through Facebook. I think in one of the groups. Looking forward to reading more of your books.

Popular Posts