Review: Things to Do in Denver

Things to Do in Denver
@TymberDalton #ThrowbackReview #BookReview
Things to Do in Denver by Tymber Dalton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I saw this title, the first thing that came to mind is this movie, Things to Do in Denver when you are dead.  Fortunately, this story is not so dire.  There are a few moments of stress, but in ways that we expect in relationships that are pulled thin through distance.  I completely understand this story and sympathize because my day job for years was a road warrior like Tony.  My spouse is the same.  Sometimes we were on opposite sides of the country.

I enjoyed this book because it accurately depicts real life with work and personal life pulling in different directions.  Tony is stressed about a job that is going south.  I have been in his shoes and completely get the issues he's running into.  His frustration with work is real.  He is a patient man.  Shayla isn't just sitting at home, eating bon bons and waiting on her Master to take care of her.  She too has a demanding work project.  For those in the lifestyle, a great pressure release is a kinky scene.  Unfortunately for Tony and Shayla, this isn't possible in person.  Sure video chats and phone calls nowadays makes it easier to connect but that in person touch cannot be replicated in this specific situation.  Kink from a distance is better than nothing, but not the same as in person.

What I also enjoyed is how hard these two try to make their anniversary great.  It goes to the "surprising" your lover and things go awry.  Which is why one of my policies is never to plan surprises and I hate surprises.  Rarely do they ever go as planned.  Still, it is the thought and actions that count in this erotic romance.  It is great to see Tony and Shayla again, in a book of their own.  I've liked them from the very beginning.  This erotic romance is recommended to kinky readers who like to see work, personal life and kink meshing together in a realistic way.


Comments

Popular Posts