Review: Coming Soon: Women's Orgasm Erotica

Coming Soon: Women's Orgasm Erotica
@raquelita 
@cleispress
 #ComingSoon #Netgalley 
Coming Soon: Women's Orgasm Erotica by Rachel Kramer Bussel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When it comes to erotic collections, Ms. Bussel as the editor means that it is a must read book for me. Usually I go for her bondage and kinkier stories because I tend to lean that direction.  This time, I'm just testing out the more vanilla erotica and ... I can tell the difference.  The stories are all well written.  Only the kinkier ones caught my attention.  

I point this out because each reader's mileage may vary.  When I noted down the stories I particularly enjoyed, I noticed a consistent theme. Without further ado, these are my 5 favourite stories in this eclectic orgasmic collection.  These are not in any particular order other than their location in the book.

Exceptional Service by T.C. Mill is the first to capture my attention.  This delightful threesome with a Domme is definitely a fantasy of mine.  I loved it.  Next on the list is no surprise to me.  Author D.L. King is a writer I recognize and thought I would enjoy.  I did.  The Electricity of a Dark Peak is also a Domme theme and oh so edgy and delicious.  I enjoyed the pace of this story and the ending lets a reader's imagination run wild.  

I am not sure what is going on with Kindness by Gabrielle Johnson.  This supernatural-esque tale intrigues me.  I like the feeling of not knowing exactly what is going on and yet having a slight premonition that there is more than meets the eye.  The hints and ending of the story makes me want to read more.  Is this a Greek god or an angel who visited?  I wonder. 

The (Re)Education of Truvi Anderson by Renee Dominick moves me.  This one is not particularly BDSM kinky.  It is kinky in a voyeuristic way in our pandemic world.  What I liked about this one is Truvi owning her sexuality and doing something that she wants.  She is exploring her desires and is neither ashamed nor embarrassed by it.  She revels in her new found freedom and I find this so sexy.

Lastly, in a similar vein, Antarctica by Donna George Storey speaks of female sexual empowerment.  Whilst this girls away spa/sexual retreat is a bit hokey for me, it is clear that it helps protagonist.  Her assignment to write her fantasy and explore what she loves about it is sex positive and hawt.  The sexual instructor/guide providing her support for our protagonist to share with her husband is fantastic.  Honestly, as the last story of this book, it finishes off the collection in a smooth and powerful manner.  I may have also picked up a little something for how to spice up married life. 

This erotic collection is sweet, sexy and above all, sex positive.  Highly recommended to readers who are hesitant about their fantasies and need reassurance that anything goes - from tame to kinky flame.
    
*provided by NetGalley

Comments

Popular Posts