Review: His to Train

His to Train
#ThrowbackReview
His to Train by Maria Monroe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

How did it get to be July already?  Half of 2021 is already over and I'm still working on some of my older books I read and never reviewed.  Will I get down to less than 300 books not reviewed on my GoodReads by end of this year?  Looks like a 50/50 chance.  I read this book years ago as an ARC and embarrassingly never wrote a review.  Better late than never?

Set in a dystopian world, women are hard to come by.  Victoria is looking to find a way to no longer be on her own.  As males are becoming increasingly violent, finding a group what can provide a little bit of protection is better than nothing.  Unfortunately for Victoria, this means a demeaning "pit" fitting between women to earn money.  

The set up of this story is interesting.  The kinky elements makes it erotically fun.  The conflict is a bit of a surprise yet the bad guy is pretty predictable.  Malicious envy will always be a downfall for humans.  It is sad how many people are terrible envious and cause harm as they pretend to be a person's friend.  

The fighting training for this book is what caught my attention.  For those who enjoy a bit of f/f WWE style fighting, this book is kind of close.  There is the smack talk as well as the slightly staged fighting.  This is a mix between the octagon and WWE.  I liked it.  The sexual tensions generated from this fighting is also pretty sexy.  Luca and Victoria's sexual chemistry is nicely done. 

This erotic novella is recommended to readers who enjoy a bit of girl and girl aggression in a dystopian world with a touch of kink.

Comments

Popular Posts