Review: Close Cover

Close Cover Close Cover by Lexi Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What can I say about this book that others haven't said already?  How there is great humour in the book?  I picked up this book because I was in a total reading slump.  2018 was at the height of my crappy work life where I had zero life and zero energy.  Picking up this book helped transport me into a world that was not mine.

I liked Remy and Lisa.  Lisa is a woman I feel for, because she's done all the right things and still gets screwed.  With her shiny new MBA degree, she is ready to take on the business world.  Except the job she found isn't the dream job she thought it would be.  More like a nightmare when it turns out she is working for a boss that launders money for the mob.  Nothing good comes from working for the mob.

This story moves at a great pace with just the right action and love scenes.  The kinky erotica with Remy bringing Lisa into the lifestyle is sweet.  These two may initial look wrong for each other but Ms. Blake (or Ian Taggart) knows what she's doing when she pairs these two together.  For those who may be reading the Butterfly Bayou series, this is the Remy who shows up as the loving brother.  I love the tie ins between the different worlds Ms. Blake writes.  It always feels like a little Easter egg I've found.

This erotic romance is recommended to readers who enjoy action, kink and happily ever afters.

Comments

Popular Posts