Review: Worth Trying

Worth Trying
@CBYauthor @RiptideBooks #WorthTrying
Worth Trying by Chloe B. Young
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

The second book in this Worth world is fantastic. This can be read as a standalone and I have to admit, I do love the misunderstood bad boy more. Whereas the previous book Worth It is with two "nice" guys, this one features an anti-hero, Innes Kent.

Innes is mentioned in the previous book and labeled as a playboy who doesn't care about anyone.  He is cruel and treats people as commodity.  But does he really do this? I tend to look at actions rather than what people say to determine how I think of a person. Innes' actions do not match up to the picture people say of him.  This is hinted in the last book.

Innes is the proverbial "oops" baby. Sometimes oops babies are cherished.  Sometimes, they are not. Innes'  lack of a solid foundation caused quite a bit of damage to him and how he relates to others. I feel so badly for him and want to cuddle him up.  He probably wouldn't care an iota of my loving, but I still want to reassure the inner neglected child that he is loveable and can be loved.  Pairing him up with Charlie who similarly is unloved and unwanted by a father that his mother still idolizes is amazing.  Sometimes two damaged people bring out the worst in each other and it is a toxic relationship.  Instead, these two find their balance and bring out the best in each other.  I absolutely love both these characters so hard.  I want to shower them with love to let them know there is nothing wrong with them.

Ms. Young takes a much used plot and brings a fresh new look and outcome.  Her writing voice is so strong.  I am impressed that this is only her second book and she is already creating complex characters with relatable plots.  At this point, I will read anything Ms. Young writes and I hope she writes more stories about the human condition and how love can patience can heal.  Neither Charlie nor Innes is perfect.  They both have flaws and it is what makes them more interesting.  My heart hurts for these two lovers who have been boxed into a role they didn't want.  With them coming together, the future is open for them to change to their will.  Love it.  This contemporary romance is highly recommended to readers who enjoy angst in their stories and love the anti-hero who finds their happily ever after. 

* An ARC was provided by Riptide Books

Comments

Popular Posts