Review: Fire on the Mountain

Fire on the Mountain Fire on the Mountain by P.D. Singer
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Found this on my Kindle and with the number of increasing fires going on in the Western States, I figured this would be a good one to read.  This is a new to me author and this first book is meh for me.  It isn't bad, just okay.  The romance is a very slow burn between Jake and Kurt.  Nothing like the rapid fires that surround them and to generate a bonding experience. 

The main reason why this book is meh for me is the amount of inner monologue.  James is constantly doubting himself and over analyzes.  I get that this is more realistic but I don't really want to read about it.  I would prefer to have more action.  The action in this story is okay too.  I get there are mistakes that happen.  But it really made both Kurt and Jake seem underprepared for their job.  They made it but it was dicey.  

I'm not sure if this was a gay for you theme or just two blokes who didn't know that they both preferred men.  Not that it matters.  This conjecture is a distraction for the overall book.  When Jake and Kurt finally get it on, it is gentle and loving.  Since the sex is pretty vanilla, it didn't do too much for me.  Still, their friendship morphing into a romantic relationship is sweet.  This contemporary romance is recommended to readers who like firefighters.

Comments

Popular Posts