Review: Maia and Rylan

Maia and Rylan Maia and Rylan by Allyson James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is not the clone you are looking for...Full disclosure, I didn't read the first book in the series.  I just picked up this quickie to see if I wanted to read the rest of the series.  I do.  I enjoyed this short, sweet, and sexy piece.  There isn't too much world-building, just a high-level overview to get the gist of what is going on.

Ms. James usually writes erotic scenes I like.  Years later after first discovering her, returning back to her feels so good.  Maia and Rylan are clones or I guess created humanoids to sexually satisfy humans.  Because that is what rich bored humans do... create sex slaves that they can control.

This story starts out with Maia and Rylan meeting illicitly and then jumps years ahead when the Shareem project has been disbanded.  Let's be real here.  This story isn't big on character development or plot.  This is a smexy steamy sex book that gets the juices flowing.  This slight D/s sex scene turns into a hot mfm and it's pretty hot for a "non" bdsm bandied book.  I liked it.  This short and sweet erotica is recommended to readers who want a little mind foreplay before the horizontal tango or a refreshing "me-time".

Comments

Popular Posts