Review: Wild for You

Wild for You Wild for You by Sophia Knightly
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Not sure where I picked this book up, found it both my shelf and in my kindle pile.  It started out okay and just kind of stayed the same.  Perhaps I'm not the right audience for this book.  Marisol is a hairdresser with a stalker problem.  Her protective older brother asks his buddy, a detective to covertly find out what's happening and help protect her.

The set up is a little hokey but okay.  When Detective Clay bursts into Marisol's life, it is unrealistic but hey, this is a romance story so I let it go.  I ended up not really liking either character.  They weren't bad.  They just didn't appeal to me.  Their chemistry was a bit forced feeling too.  Clay's constant denial plus his hot/cold messages were annoying.  Marisol seems like a smart woman yet she does some really dumb things.  It just didn't make sense.

The stalker part of it was bizarre.  When the big reveal comes out, it is more sad and pathetic than alarming.  I felt no relief at the stalker caught.  It felt not exactly right and sort of forced.  For me, this book was a hot mess.  I couldn't quite rate it a 1 star because the author's writing is still pretty solid.  There were no grammar errors I could detect and the storyline is pretty appealing to readers who like older brother's friend themes.  This book is recommended to romance readers who enjoy a bit of suspense and an alpha protective male. 

Comments

Popular Posts