Review: Without Restraint

Without Restraint
@AngelaKnight #WithoutRestraint #MustRead
Without Restraint by Angela Knight
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Why did I wait so long to finally read this book?  And where is the rest of this series?  I can only guess that not enough people picked this book up and the publisher didn't continue this on.  That is a CRYING Shame.  C.R.Y.I.N.G. SHAME.  I enjoyed this book so much more than I expected.  I really wish I had read it when it first came out 6 years ago.  Maybe if we get enough readers interested, the author may self-publish other books in this series.

Full disclosure, I added this book on my shelf so long ago, I forgot what it was about and I didn't read the book blurb.  All I did was look at my TBR shelf, find an author I haven't read in a while and picked their book.  I am so glad I picked this one.  Wow, this book starts off with a kinky BDSM scene ... using a bullwhip.  Mmm, I've been bullwhipped before and it is delightful in the right experienced hands.  I didn't think I would like it but I was wrong.  So this first scene definitely pulls me straight into the book and I read this all in one sitting.

What I liked about this book is how it is written in a time where BDSM is still a huge problem for most.  It is a bit more accepted now, but still not the best to advertise. In this book, it can cause families to turn against family members.  Accusations of pedophilia or domestic violence abuse are common misconceptions about those in the kinky lifestyle.  The fear I see in the characters in this book are all too real.  Introducing racial tension into it makes it even more realistic.  Ms. Knight does a great job of capturing the persecution and hatred kinksters experience.  

I also enjoyed the law enforcement aspect of this book.  Ms. Knight pens a great plot and blends it well with kink plus she adds in an erotic romance element.  HAWT!  I definitely liked Frank the Dom and sexy submission (maybe bottom) Alexis.  Their interactions were primal and so sexy.  I enjoyed their sex scenes as well as their kinky play scenes.

This book is delicious from beginning to end.  I recommend this kinky romance to readers who love strong male dominants, snarky submissives, good character development, and a law enforcement theme. 



Comments

Popular Posts