Review: Seduced by a Selkie

Seduced by a Selkie Seduced by a Selkie by Lauren Connolly
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

New to me author Lauren Connolly pulls me into a quiet rustic world blooming with magic and underwater fun.  I picked up this title specifically because anything with water catches my eye.  I enjoyed the Selkies in this story.  I particularly liked Calder.  He is the baby in the family and at times, treated like one.  He also appeals to me because he works at a SCUBA diving shop and that is fantastic since I'm a diver.

The story is a slow burn with Delta struggling to deal with her father's home after his death.  There are hints about Delta that make her seem mentally unstable.  Her story is a sad one and it seems she doesn't know too much about her own heritage.  Calder is fun and loving with his courtship of Delta.  His thoughtfulness is impressive.  I love him.  He just generates a happy feeling when he shows up in the book.  I want to cuddle him and pet him.  His selkie side is just as loveable.

I like the growth of Calder in this novella. I like how he helps Delta come to terms with herself and her grief.  I also enjoyed the worldbuilding and see there much more to potentially come next.  I'm excited and cannot wait to learn more about this world Ms. Connolly creates.  This paranormal romance is recommended to readers who enjoy old-world courtship with a dash of magic.

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
 
Featured Book Reviewer

Comments

Popular Posts