Review: Sweet Addiction

Sweet Addiction Sweet Addiction by Maya Banks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The conclusion to this series fell a bit flat for me.  What just happened? Cole is a man who regrets losing his first love.  His first love, Ren, will always treasure her first love.  There is something about a 1st love that is special and memorable.  Unless you are like me and would rather forget the asshat and wish he was never born.  I digress.

Cole and Ren's young high school relationship was intense and quite frankly, everything I would have loved.  This is definitely swoon worthy material.  The way it ended is a bit harsh and unresolved.  But now Ren has moved on.  Lucas is her current master and he is HAWT.  This is going to be tough because Ren is now more mature and more sexually experienced.  I liked her growth.  I liked how Lucas interacted with her.

The way this entire story went didn't work too well for me.  The sex and kink scenes were fantastic.  The messy dynamics between Ren & Cole then Ren & Lucas is painful to watch.  There are no great answers.  Both men basically play with Ren's heart and she is the collateral damage.  She is metaphorically torn apart.  The ending didn't really work for me because Cole and Lucas's relationship is nonexistence, at best adversarial.  Their actions and hurts played out on Ren makes me want to kick them both to the curb.  Boys with their toys.

Overall, the kink in this is hot.  The relationship is "complicated" is not.  Erotic romance recommended to kinky readers who like messy dynamics with a happily for now ending.

Comments

Popular Posts