Review: Filthy Rich Cadets

Filthy Rich Cadets Filthy Rich Cadets by Jillian Frost
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Deciding to test out new genres and tropes may be falling down a rabbit hole for me. I generally tend to avoid bully books because they make me mad.  This one, the blurb caught my attention and hello... reverse harem.  I'm taking one for the team so to speak as I have a few friends who want more reverse harem books and I'm trying to deliver.  This new adult book contains some hot and spicy reverse harem scenes.  The rest of it, I'm not sure I'm on board with.

Grace is a military brat with a hidden past. Her best friends are Cole and Hunter.  They have been with each other since she was maybe 10 or 11.  They are now 21.  Due to a couple of events out of their control, Grace needs to be protected at all costs.  Here's where the story kind of gets interesting yet falls apart for me.

NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF HUMANKIND is it ever good to treat someone poorly and push them away so that you can "protect them".  The only people who think this are dumbass mo-fo males who have underdeveloped brains.  They have zero critical thinking skills and can't logic their way out of a bag.  This describes Cole to a T.  I get that this is a conflict plot device that Ms. Frost specifically uses to showcase how incredibly dumb these boys are.  I call them boys because they lack any type of maturity.  I swear, I just want to pistol-whip both these idiots.  

The way the plot plays out in this book is a complete train wreck.  I knew it from the start and I STILL continued reading.  I just couldn't stop.  I am utterly disgusted with these imbeciles.  If Grace turns into a mastermind evil villain, I will only applaud her because these neanderthals deserve it.  They should reap what they sow.  I'm still wound up about how incredibly asinine Cole's master plan was to save the female he loves.  What a joke.  How can there be such incredibly clueless boys?

Quite honestly, the 3.5 star rating is because I wanted to see Cole's plan backfire.  AND because I can be bribed by sex.  I can't lie.  I enjoyed the sex scenes and I like how Grace owns her sexuality.  She's a tough chick and she takes no one's shit.  I like that about her. This story does end in a cliffhanger so that may peeve a few readers.  I am looking forward to the next book and hope Grace makes these boys beg and pay for their stupidity.  This reverse harem is for new adult readers who don't mind cruel bullying and sexy times for barely drinking-age kids.

* I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

Comments

Popular Posts