Review: Kushiel's Justice

Kushiel's Justice
@JCareyAuthor #KushielsJustice #SexySaturday
Kushiel's Justice by Jacqueline Carey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Even though this is technically a throwback review as I read this book years ago, it still qualifies for Sexy Saturday reviews.  If you want to read complex detailed erotica in a high fantasy written manner, there is really no one better than Ms. Carey.  I loved her first trilogy.  When she continued on for a 2nd trilogy featuring Imriel, I fell in love with this trilogy too.

It is hard to talk about this book without giving away spoilers because there are so many delightful passages as Imriel grows in his sexuality. Whilst this story is kind of a young adult book or what is now termed as New Adult due to the sex in it, there are some very mature concepts in here that I wish more high schools students would be able to learn and discuss.

This star-crossed lover theme continues with angst, yearning, and sexual tension.  I loved how Imriel grew in this book as well as how Sidonie is the golden girl but doesn't come across as privileged.  How hard must it be to be burdened with the sins of your father AND mother?  Imriel's journey of growth continues in this 2nd in the trilogy and I enjoyed thoroughly.

Highly recommended to fantasy readers who character progression mixed with erotic elements.

Comments

Popular Posts