Review: Open Hearts

Open Hearts
@Eve_Dangerfield #OpenHearts #ThrowbackThursday
Open Hearts by Eve Dangerfield
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When it comes to dating bad men, it appears Ash is trying to take first place.  After a string of losers, Ash makes the hard decision many working women have made. Is it better to wait and find a man or just give up and make a withdrawal from a sperm bank? There is something about no longer wanting a man that suddenly causes them to show up in one's life.  At least that has been my experience.

Appprently the same happens to Ash.  When she least expects it to happen, not one, but two men show up wanting to be her "baby daddy".  Well, maybe not the baby part.  This is where the story gets sexy and fun.  Honestly, I didn't know what to think of Dean at first.  He's not a bad guy.  He's the one your mother warns you about as being easy on the eyes but a hard life of disappointment. Dean is one of those kind of Peter Pan man child who doesn't realize he lives in the real world, not Neverland. He is pretty sweet and adorable and more power to Ash for taking him in.  Personally he's the guy friend I enjoy being around and I thank my lucky stars that I can leave him as someone else's problem when I go home.

Fortunately, Dean is great in bed which is a plus for Ash.  How he lives his life is so different than what Ash wants in her life.  I'm a bit worried how their relationship will unfold, since oddly enough, Dean wants to be with Ash forever.  Ash just wants a little donation and be on her way.  Hah.  

What surprised me is the depth of the characters Ms. Dangerfield creates in these two.  Their chemistry is hot. Learning about their past explains a lot of how they are in their 30s.  Both of them want love and they just aren't too sure how to get it.  I enjoyed the fumbles as well as the epiphanies these two experienced. I am thrilled they find a way to a healthy relationship.  One that is with love, devotion, and awesome sex.  The title of this book says it all. This contemporary romance is recommended to readers who enjoy a bit of comedy as well as happily ever afters.


Comments

Popular Posts