Review: Queen of Vampire Hearts

Queen of Vampire Hearts
FatedLoves #QueenofVampireHearts #Netgalley #ThisyearTuesday
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

New to me author Ms. Rose pulls me into this world of broken witches, lethal vampires, and drunken werewolves.  Not to mention the orgy-loving fae. I read the forward of this book where the author mentions her parents' support.  Kudos to her for having her parents read her book because it is quite racy.  Love the fact that her father tells all his clients about her book as well as her mom still being able to look her in the eye.  With a start like that, I am set in a good frame of mind to read this book.

Whilst there are several deliciously erotic scenes between Phoebe and Lucien, it is more than a fated mate getting down and dirty. I am pleasantly surprised by the character development and what I believe is going to be a character progression growth for Phoebe in the following books. The world-building is nicely done as it weaves a different interpretation of how the paranormal beings came to life with a Greek mythos foundation.

The character building in this book works for me because most of the people are neither completely good nor bad.  No one seems to be perfect either.  Lucien may be over 10,000 years old but he still has a few flaws.  Phoebe is a very young witch and her maturity level reflects her age.  The sexual heat between the two is smoking hot.  Their sexual attraction helps them communicate at some level because otherwise, Phoebe is a runner who would disappear on Lucien.  She follows five rules ever since she's been on the run because they have kept her alive. With Lucien, the rules are harder and harder to stick with because he confuses her logic.

I understand why Phoebe is hesitant to trust.  Just as I understand why Lucien wants to keep Phoebe locked by his side. Whilst this plot device felt a little too dragged out for me, it did make sense and worked for the storyline. Let's discuss sex.

I specifically picked this book up because it is marketed under erotica. I can definitely attest the sex in this story is frequent and good. The story kind of starts up with an orgy.  I enjoy the teasing, sexual power exchange between Phoebe and Lucien.  Ms. Rose builds up the heat before she finally lets the two get it on completely.  This flirting and at times cock blocking increase the sexual tension.  I like it.  I also like how easygoing they can be with each other during sex.  There are no hangups.  There is no "other person" plot device. Lucien is definitely a possessive and jealous alpha male.  For those who like that type of male, this book will be right up your alley.  There is no kinky sex but it isn't straight on vanilla.  

Whilst all the sex shenanigans are going on, there is a nefarious plot afoot.  Phoebe is caught in the middle and whilst it would seem that Lucien would be her knight in shining armour, let's just say, Phoebe can take care of herself. I am interested to see what will happen next.  Looking forward to the next book in this series.  This erotic romance is recommended to paranormal readers who like fated mate themes with a spunky witch and a vampire suffering ennui.

*provided by NetGalley

Comments

Popular Posts