Review: Kiss of Smoke
Kiss of Smoke by Amy PennzaMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
When your fiance cheats on you and then claims it is your fault, what is a girl to do? Go on a rebound with two sexy men to rub it in his face. Well, maybe Chloe isn't looking to get it on, but it certainly does. New to me author Ms. Pennza creates a sexy world of rich Scottish men who can certainly rev any woman's engine. I picked this book up specifically for its steamy content. This book delivers the sexy times.
Honestly, the rating here is for the sex. The plot of the book needed a bit of work for me. The world building is light which I am guessing will show up in further books. There are several threads in this story which kind of just disapate without any resolution. I am not sure if the follow up book will continue on with Kaia's story or if this is a one and done, moving on to the next fated mates. I have many questions that are unresolved and it bugs me a bit.
Chloe's interactions with her two sexy bosses is hawt and heavy. What I don't understand is. . . I thought it was a business trip and I get that Chloe is thrown for a loop with her cheating fiance. But there is zero work at all done on this trip. This business trip comes across as just a sexual getaway for Chloe which kind of validates her mother's point as well as her cheating ex. Especially since Chloe has no proof of his cheating. I mean serious, you don't pull out your camera to take a snapshot when you catch your lover smacking on another person? I know I would. Right before I gave him a beat down.
Chloe is kept in the dark about dragons and the other supernatural as one would do to a human. This works to a certain extend. I am guessing this contrived communication issue is to drive a conflict where Chloe then proceeds to act TSTL. I'm not a fan of this kind of plot device. I could take or leave Chloe or the two mean. That being said, I will watch them having sex in pairs or as a menage. Ms. Pennza creates some steamy fantasies leaping off the page. This erotic romance is recommended to readers who like menage and rich dragon shifters.
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Comments