Review: Death Wish

Death Wish
@KristiWebster #ThisYearTuesdays @GiveMeBooksPR
Death Wish by K. Webster
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This duology ends with a bang. Honestly, I didn't know how Ms. Webster would be able to bring closure to everything going on in this story.  She did it and it was a wild confusing ride.  We return right to where book one ended . . . Landry finding out she's been tricked in a multitude of ways by the sexy triplets: Scout, Sparrow, and Sully.  If this book comes across drama-ridden and ill-advised decisions, I think that's the point.  To put it in perspective, these 4 characters are all college-age students.  I don't believe Landry can legally drink.  I think the triplets are just a bit over 21.  Keeping this in mind, the story makes a bit more sense.  

Landry's problems have come to a head and now all the males in her life are complicating it.  Landry's growing attraction to the three, not one, but three brothers is causing her to question herself.  These males are unhealthily obsessed with her and I am pretty sure mentally off too.  I am not sure I would want these boys to be anywhere near a daughter of mine.  Then again, compared to Landry's father, they are saints.  The skeletons in the closet here are brutal and trauma-ridden.  It just goes to show that money does not protect the innocent from those who will abuse their power.

Whilst this is all going on, apparently questionable sexy times are in order for Landry and her three lovers.  The different sex scenes are hot and then I remember these are kids and I get a little squicked out.  I think that is only because I'm old and no longer in my early 20s.  For those who prefer to read YA and NA, these sex scenes will be fine.  Whilst Ms. Webster writes a riveting story, I am once again reminded why I tend to steer clear of YA and NA.  As with many in this genre, the drama is high and the ending is a bit incredulous.  I suspended my disbelief and went with it.

This erotica is recommended to reverse harem readers who like their lovers young, energetic, and moody.

* I voluntarily reviewed an ARC provided by Give Me Books

Comments

Popular Posts