Review: Uncontested

Uncontested
@alyturn @GiveMeBooksPR #ThisYearTuesdays
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Colour me surprised. Is this a trilogy or will there be more?  I have no idea. I guess I should have realized since this is technically a reverse harem book that each of the stories would revolve around Samantha. I believe this is the conclusion and boy does it pack a punch.  There are a lot of things going on in here and most of the questions from the previous book are answered just as new subplots show up and don't feel finished in this book.  I'm still reeling a bit from the unexpected violence.  I like it.

First of all, we find out exactly what Oleg is going to do to his traitorous cousin. Second, out of the blue we find that Samatha's roommate is kidnapped, her father believes it is a stunt, and her ex-dominant is back.  Alexander is one of the five kings in this kinkdom. His departure was the catalyst for Samantha to find out about BDSM and slip into the kink lifestyle. Third, people get hurt in this book - good and bad people.  An unexpected death hit me harder than I thought it would.

Ms. Turner cranks up the chaos, passion, and poly in this 3rd book.  For those who enjoy sex and violence, this book contains it all.  There is even a little "oopsy" that completely throws me and a couple characters a curveball.  That aside, I thought there would be more about Samantha's parents and her overprotective mother. I find it interesting how Samantha likes to keep her cards close to her chest yet expects the men in her life to share everything.  There are several decisions Samantha makes which make me question her judgment. From the outside looking in, I can completely understand her mother's desire to get Samatha checked out.

Whilst the sex in this story is good, I ended rating this book a 3.5 because it felt like this book didn't know what the central focus would be. There are so many events going on and crammed in, it felt a little schizophrenic.  This isn't a bad thing, just felt rushed and running from one emergency to another so that I couldn't enjoy a smooth ride.  Still, it ended with a lovely conclusion and a badass scene.  A lovely finish to an erotic novel recommended to readers who enjoy RH themes.

* I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by Give Me Books.

Comments

Popular Posts