Review: Triple Threat

Triple Threat
@KristiWebster #SexySaturdays #TripleThreat
Triple Threat by K. Webster
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In this duet, it can be a little disorienting if the Cinderalla trilogy is not read first.  Theoretically, this book can be read without the back history, but I felt as if I kept missing some critical information  This Triple threat is all about the triplet brothers and the start of how they are going to get back at those who ruined their lives.  Not only their lives but their mom's.  For those who don't like cliffhangers, this book does not exactly end in one.  It does have a hook to snag a reader into the second one.

I would have thought triplets would rate a trilogy.  Instead, this is only a two-book series.  I have to admit, I was a little confused about why Scout, Sully, and Sparrow are stuck working for their uncle.  He's obviously an asshole.  I also didn't get why the three had to pretend the way they did for Landry.  It made zero sense to me.  Other than making Landry think she's crazy every time she interacted with Ford.

This book is questionable if it should be considered sexy.  It is dark and there are some scenes that fade to black which could trigger those who have been sexually abused.  Overall, I still consider it sexy because I enjoyed the dysfunctional dynamic between Landry and the triplets.  I know the brothers feel like Scout is a loose cannon but for some reason, he appeals to me the most.  He is definitely more the sexual predator with some rough primal leanings.  The story kind of implies that he is also a sadist who doesn't understand the word "no" in addition to being a stalker.  Not great qualities, but there is something about him that is intriguing.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  The other two brothers are no slouches.  I thought it would be difficult to remember which one was which.  With names that start with S and being triplets, I would have thought I would mix them up.  Sometimes, authors write characters with totally different names and I can't tell the characters apart.  Ms. Webster is doing something right because I could easily remember the names and what they preferred to do.  

This story feels more like a setup for the follow-up book.  There are several subplots going on and I'm eager to see each of them tied off.  I'm not sure if it will be in the next book.  I do have the next one to read so I'll be diving into it shortly.  

As far as the sexy times, it is fun to watch Landry end up in a quandary as she is confused by how different "Ford" is when she is with him.  Each of the brothers' sexual intimacy is different and to have all three is a bit much for an 18yo like her.  She can barely handle one let alone 3.  I can't wait to see what happens with her next.  This dark erotica is recommended to new adult readers who enjoy convoluted revenge plans and anti-heroes who don't like the word "no".

* I received a copy from Give Me Books

Comments

Popular Posts