Review: Best Lesbian Erotica of the Year, Volume 6

Best Lesbian Erotica of the Year, Volume 6
#ThisYearTuesday
Best Lesbian Erotica of the Year, Volume 6 by Sinclair Sexsmith
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is surprising to me. I normally enjoy these collections thoroughly.  It isn't easy to find good lesbian erotica. Most times it is more menage with an FFm leaning.  This one is technically all ff in every permutation.  If you were expecting only biological ff sex, this is not the book for you.  If you are interested in all the different ways a person identifies as ff and has sex as a female, then this is the book for you.

There are a couple of stories in here that aroused me.  For the most part, this collection is a bit melancholy for me.  There are a lot of issues transwomen encounter and it is a shame they have to experience them.  This collection highlights it more heavily than the erotic pieces.  For instance, there is a story wherein a lesbian bar, a few women diss a transwoman as not a real woman and accuse them of not being a lesbian or maybe the cis-woman was accused as not a real lesbian for being with a transwoman.  Either way, this is terrible.  I am saddened to read this kind of hatred and narrow-minded categorization.  I guess I'm a live let live kind of person.  From an educational standpoint, this collection shows mostly the bad and ugly of what happens to all types of lesbians as they try to find love, lust, and a simple hookup.  These stories ring true and I appreciate the call to attention to people behaving badly.  No one should be shunned in these ways.  

Whilst these societal issues are highlighted, it places a damper on the erotic portions.  I was expecting a sexy getting on in every which way.  Instead, my ardour is either doused with sadness or killed in fury.  Really, how can people be so cruel?  I want to go in, smack some of these bullies, hug the woman and let her know that not everyone thinks that way.  

This erotic collection is recommended to those who like to see the swept under the rug realities of some ff pairings.

*provided by Edelweiss

Comments

Popular Posts