Review: Summer's Slumber

Summer's Slumber
#ThisYearTuesday
Summer's Slumber by E. M. Wooley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

New to me author E.M. Wooley delights me with an erotic novel filled with kinky exploration.  The story starts out with a heartbroken Summer who made a few jests with her boyfriend and he dumped her.  On the advice of a Renaissance Faire fortune teller, Summer embarks on an erotic exploration to find herself.  I wasn't sure what this would be like and I'm pleasantly surprised by the story, the erotic scenes, and the happily ever after.

Fast forward a few years and Summer's been spending the last few years expressing her sexual freedom.  I thought when she was recommended to find herself, she would figure out what she wants in her life.  What I didn't realize is that this was all about her sexuality and determining what she would do sexually.  Summer never experiments with other women from what I can tell.  She is purely focused on men. Her journal of sorts is a black book diary of her escapades.  They are cute, kinky, and filled with roleplaying.  Her latest checkbox on her sexual self-actualization is focused on her "Sleeping Beauty" kink otherwise known as somnophilia.  Basically, she wants to consensually be taken whilst she is kind of sleeping.  Who knew that there is a specific name for this fantasy?  Also, who knew that what I agreed to with my spouse on the weekends is basically somnophilia?  Learn something every day!

This story is more than just erotica.  Summer is actually working for an outdoor adventure company that is pretty cool.  Her competency in this comes through and I'm impressed with her logistical skills.  Her most recent tour is with potential investment backers for her friend's outdoor adventure company.  Quite frankly, the outdoor adventure sounds like so much fun.  I would love to try it out.  Emery and Troy are the two looking over the outfit and seeing if it rates being invested in.  As they say, mixing business and pleasure could be a problem.  Summer wrestles with this cardinal rule.

I'm glad she let go of her inhibitions and her cardinal rule.  Her sexy romping with Emery and Troy is delicious and a voyeur's delight.  I enjoyed every single sexapade and warn readers that it may generate a little bit of "me-time".  There are a couple of reveals in the conclusion that wasn't a surprise. I did like the happily ever after and how all conflicts were resolved.  This erotic romance is highly recommended to readers who enjoy a little kinky roleplaying.

Comments

Popular Posts