Review: The Bondage Virgin

The Bondage Virgin
#ThrowbackThursdays #TBRPile #TheBondageVirgin
The Bondage Virgin by Veronica J. Dantes
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Found this book in my TBRPile and decided it's time for a little bondage.  This story for me is between a 1 and 2 star.  I rounded up because what happens in this book is unfortunately more realistic than not.  The male dominant in this book is cringe-worthy and an example of a dominant I probably wouldn't recommend for a newbie nor would I want to play with.

Rebecca is missing something in her boring sex life and comes across Will who is a professed kinky man.  He brings her into the world of kink immediately by having her call him Master and calling her a slave.  He has rules and is smug about them and at times comes across as awkward.  I have seen quite a few of these "players" in real life and it makes me cringe just the same.

Reading this book, it is clear to me that Ms. Dantes did research the material and may not exactly be in the lifestyle.  Or at least when she wrote this book, if her experiences are what I read in this book, I shudder a bit.  It isn't bad per se, just not the best and what many Vanillas find disappointing in real life.  Still, I give this book a star for the research and accurate depiction of what could happen with hooking up with a dominant may be.  Not the best experience, but still a valid one.

This erotic novella is for kinky readers who want to see the imperfect and uncomfortable experiences that can occur with new-to-BDSM lifestyles.  

Comments

Popular Posts