Review: Enforcer

Enforcer
#SexySaturdays #Enforcer @laurendane #TBRPile
Enforcer by Lauren Dane
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Looking through my TBRPile, I realized I purchased several Lauren Dane books and never read them.  What was I thinking?  I am not sure.  I picked up this series and now I need to buy the rest of them.  Sexy and smooth, the first in the Cascadia Wolves reminds me again why Ms. Dane is an auto-read and auto-purchase for me.

Written back in 2006, before the paranormal romance scene was too prolific, this werewolf tale includes a little surprise menage that is sexy and hawt.  I have always found Ms. Dane's sex scenes to be well-written and steamy.  This one, even with an originally reluctant Nina, gets into the mood pretty quick.

As a reader who has followed Ms. Dane from the start, I can definitely see the difference and the growth in her writing.  As a reader who has read quite a few hundred more books since first discovering Ms. Dane, my tastes have also changed.  I still enjoy this story, specifically the conflict of how Nina feels butted up against what a wolf pack rules required.  It is unfortunate for Nina who is a human who just turned and does not know the politics of wolf hierarchy.  

Nina's anger is justified just as her reasoning is sound.  In this scenario, there are no winners because the pack, with Cade as alpha and Lex as Nina's mate; is not wrong either. Ms. Dane creates a no-win scenario that forces Nina to move past her individual focus and think of the greater community.  This is anathema for most Westerners.  This is probably why I liked the conflict.

This early work of Ms. Dane is recommended for readers who are just starting into paranormal romance where the sexy times does not fade to black.  

Comments

Popular Posts