Review: Motorcycle Man

Motorcycle Man
@KristenAshley68 #MotorcycleMan #TBRPile #SexySaturdays

Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I finally read this book in the series.  Yes, I read this book completely out of order and I do kind of regret it.  I knew some of the events already so it wasn't a surprise.  I would recommend reading this series in the order it was written.  This being said, for the first few chapters, I was really not liking Tack.  About 1/2 way through the book, I started to really hate Tack and I wanted to smack him around a bit.

I get that I brought this on myself.  I am not a fan of motorcycle club books for the most part because I don't like how MC treat their women.  I have been lured to the dark side by Candace Blevins when she recommended Ms. Ashley as an author who writes MC that I would enjoy.  She's not right but she's not wrong.  I am mixed about this book because I really do not like the heavy-handed way Tack treats Tyra.  For people who are all about toxic masculinity and testosterone poisoning, this book may push you over the edge.  (As a side note, I find it so odd that some women who speak out about toxic masculinity also love books like this.  It baffles me.)  

I like a man to be strong, alpha, and decisive.  Tack is all of these things but a bit more than I care to deal with.  His communication style drives me crazy.  The fact that Tyra takes it and also kind of plays into it makes me crazy too.  This romance is a very fine line between abusive and dominating.  The only thing saving Tack is his ability to acknowledge when he makes mistakes and then apologizes for them. He is not a man I would ever want to date.  Nor a man I really would want to have sex with, but I'd have him covering my six any day for the week. 

This story is mostly frustrating romance, with lots of sexy times which is why it is on my SexySaturday list. There is also a small heaping of danger and consequences from bad decisions.  I find Ms. Ashley so odd for me.  I shouldn't like her books based on how she creates her men, yet I do find them so good.  The last half of the book is wonderful and brings home the point of the MC lifestyle.  The bonds of the brotherhood and their ole ladies when it is done right is so good to witness.  I love this idealistic rosy coloured glasses view of the MC world.  This MC romance is recommended to romance readers who love their possessive alpha males.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I also recommend Jamie Begley, I have re-read her books a few times.

Popular Posts