Review: Alpha's Temptation

Alpha's Temptation
#ThrowbackThursdays #Werwolves
Alpha's Temptation by Renee Rose
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Geeky werewolf man, who scents a hacker girl who finds him attractive?  Sign me up!  I want to read this book.  I finally got around to reading this delightful book and I enjoyed it from beginning to end.  At the writing of this review, the book is still for free on Amazon... so pick it up!  

Jackson left his pack under extenuating circumstances.  I am not sure I fully agree with it.  Still, he has made his life the best it can be, without his pack.  He expects to be mateless for the rest of his life, only to find the most alluring scent coming off of Kylie, a new hire for his company.  The mixing of a computer geek, billionaire CEO, shifters, and kinky is completely unexpected and I loved it.  Full disclosure, I did not read the blurb of this book.  It's Renee Rose's writing so I know I will enjoy it.  

The computer hacking theme appealed to me.  Spicing it up with a bit of dominance play through kink kicks the heat up.  Then to add an anti-hero alpha werewolf?  All elements I love and blended in such a delightful manner.  Jackson and Kylie's first meeting is funny.  Their second meeting is a train wreck I cannot stop watching.  Their third interaction is a cringing altercation and I loved every second of it.  

This is a wonderfully written erotica with complications and real-life awkward situations.  Jackson and Kylie are both relatable characters.  Their hearts are in the right place and the execution of their plans... needs work.  This is why there is a story.   Oy very, the convoluted righteousness they both tend to exhibit just makes matters worse.  Coming together isn't easy for them but when it happens, it is so good. 

This paranormal romance is more lighthearted than I expected with its heavy material.  Recommended to romance readers who love their misunderstood rich alpha male and a spunky female to match. 

Comments

Popular Posts