Review: Taken by the Dragon Prince

Taken by the Dragon Prince
@KierstenFay #netgalley #ThisYearTuesdays
Taken by the Dragon Prince by Kiersten Fay
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lovers wronged and misled, Taken by the Dragon Prince is a story of betrayal, greed, and redemption. I must say that I went into this book cold.  If Ms. Fay writes it, I read it. Since this is the 4th book in the series, I thought it would be something similar in vein to the last book.  This story is not and I was really confused during the first few chapters of the story.  I did have to go read the blurb, then check the previous books to make sure I was reading the right series.  What I have concluded is that you can read this book as a standalone and be perfectly fine.

Khalstorm is a dragon shifter who lost his family and his kingdom all in one night.  His wrongful imprisonment only helps his anger and vengeance grow.  He knows who needs to pay.  Celeste is the witch who took everything from him.  So when her sister appeals to him to save her... this is what he least expects.

This story is pretty straightforward.  There are no surprises for me.  It is clear from the beginning what happened and who is responsible.  The whys of it are also set up from the start.  Usually, a predictable storyline does not do well for me. What did work for me is the journey of reacquaintance between Khal and Celeste.  The flashbacks to the past and how their memories of each other are similar yet different brings a level of intimacy I enjoy.  Their innocent sexy times grew as they become lovers who are not meant to be.  Overcoming their prejudices the first time seemed easy in comparison to after the big betrayal.  

This story builds quickly and brings the reader to the expected showdown.  The fight against the real villain is satisfying and resolves all too soon.  This happily ever after is sweet and just for the much-beleaguered lovers.  This erotic paranormal romance is recommended to readers who enjoy second-chance romances. 

* I received an ARC from NetGalley

Comments

Popular Posts