Review: Imperfect Gifts

Imperfect Gifts

#SexySaturdays @CandaceBlevins #MustRead 

Imperfect Gifts by Candace Blevins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When it comes to sexy holiday reading, Ms. Blevins is my go to author.  This newest Christmas theme romance is sweet and erotic. If you are looking for a book with a health relationship between multiple partners, Imperfect Gifts is perfect for you.  The characters are all different with their own unique hangups, desires, and flaws.  Yet they fit together well.

Genie is an adorable little owl shifter.  After reading what kind of owl she is, I looked her up and want one for a pet now.  They are so cute.  I think of owls as fierce predators that are large and dangerous.  Genie... not so much in her owl form.  In her human form, she's more deadly.  The men she unintentionally falls for are much deadlier in their animal forms and they are large.  What I like about this dynamic is that there is a balancing between animal and human.  It is different for each of them and that's acceptable.  They don't have to be perfectly 50/50.  Each of the characters, Genie, Dev, Ezra, and Elijah all have unique relationship with their animal form and it works for them.  The acceptance to be different in this book is refreshing.

 In fact, this book and specifically the coterie run by Brooke is all about accepting the unique and helping them live their best life.  There is a bit of a "joke" that Brooke runs the Island of the Misfit toys.  Whilst this is true and can be taken as a negative connotation, instead, Brooke makes it her super power.  I mean, she has a Honey Badger! I love this theory put into practice by Brooke.  Having her right hand man, Dev take care of the integration into human society is fascinating.  I'd want to work for Brooke.  Ms. Blevins takes all these concepts of how to make a better integrated society and plays it out in her books and it makes me so happy.


Whilst I understand this story is about romance, kinky hawt sex, and finding your perfect mates, I enjoyed all the world building that comes with it.  The clear lines of actions and consequences works well for me.  Everything in this story as far as how Brooke's rules are set up work for me.  It is a place I would live in and enjoy being an auxiliary human member, if it is just as a food bag.  hah.

The kinky sex in this story is delicious as always.  When it comes to sex I will read, Ms. Blevins is always in the top 5 authors I will salivate over.  This book did take me a bit longer than normal due to a few "me-time" breaks.  Highly recommend reading this book in private or at least not an on commerical airplane...

This erotic romance is highly recommended to readers who love multiple lovers and holiday themes.  Move over Hallmark, I want some spice holiday romance!


* An ARC was provided for an honest review

Comments

Popular Posts