Review: At Her Call: A Mistresses of the Board Room Novel

At Her Call: A Mistresses of the Board Room Novel

 @JoeyWHill #MustRead #Autobuy

At Her Call: A Mistresses of the Board Room Novel by Joey W. Hill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A silent siren, Skye is one of the more enigmatic mistress in this group of strong women.  Learning about Skye and how she lost her voice is beyond heart breaking.  It shocked me and I'm impressed with how Skye came to be the person she is today. What I love about this series is how the women are helpful and uplifting towards each other.  This is how people should be for each other, especially in business.  Think of all the good and amazing work we could accomplish if we were like these women.

This book is more than about sisterhood and being a great friend. It explores the non-traditional intimacies between a man a woman.  Tiger is a man whose past has also defined him.  What he experienced as a child is also beyond shocking.  My heart is broken for both of these two characters.  I am moved beyond tears thinking of how they felt and thought as children.  It makes me wonder at how humans can continue in when such heinous acts are perpetrated against those who are defenseless.  It also makes me wonder the reason why someone is so independent and strong, refusing help from others.  Most likely they have suffered and learned that they can depend upon no one but themselves.  Ms. Hill does a superb job of layering her characters with depth.  

These defining moments for both Tiger and Skye shaped them to who they are today.  It is refreshing to see how they communicate and "say" what the mean. Their interactions from Top to bottom and then into Mistress into submissive is beautiful.  When it comes to a healthy portrayal of femdom D/s, Ms. Hill is one of my go to authors.  She adds the heart and intimacy into kink which makes me soar in appreciation.  

I love the dynamic between Tiger and Skye.  I love how they are not perfect and they can admit when they are wrong.  I like how even though they are such tough "guys" they can still show their vulnerability.  Their erotic power exchange is divine. Their kinks match up so well as they grow closer. I liked how Tiger enjoyed his different sessions at first because he needed the impact and to come out of his own head.  As he started to heal and understand himself better, he connected on a deeper level with Skye.  This type of erotic exchange takes emotional and intimacy which is hard to describe.  Ms. Hill captures it beautifully.

This book is more than erotic.  It is a lovely story which shows all the good, bad, and ugly.  Love it.  This erotic romance is highly recommended to readers who love strong couples who find their other half.

* I was given an ARC for an honest review

Comments

Popular Posts