Review: Perfect Ruin

Perfect Ruin

 #NetGalley #SexySaturdays

Perfect Ruin by Claudia Tan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

New to me author brings forth a story of toxic relationships that start out well and spiral downwards over a few years.  The way this book is written, it reminds me of Pulp Fiction in that the sequence of events is not exactly linear.  We know upfront that Jax and Sienna are not going to end up together.  This is about how they first found each other and proceed to do things that make each other crazy.

Let's just get this out of the way.  I didn't realize it was a YA or I should say NA book.  Had I known, I probably wouldn't have picked it up.  Oh the drama...Sienna's home life is imploding as she had major daddy issues.  This leads her to find a man who is totally different than her dad but let's keep in mind, Sienna is only 18.  At 18, she is but a mere baby and not quite an adult.  To expect her to be able to have a healthy relationship when she has no role model to imprint from, it is asking a lot.

Most of Sienna's relationships in this book are a complete train wreck. This is from her family to best friend and ultimately with Jax.  One could say that Jax is a horrible person.  Many may hate him.  I'd like to point out this child is only 21 and barely a functioning adult himself.  

Ms. Tan exposes the flaws of each character to make them more relatable and human. All I can think of is, I am so glad I am no longer young, dumb, and full of c...There will be haters for each of the characters in this book.  I find myself feeling empathy for each of them.  Because none of them are particularly bad.  What is sad is that they make the wrong choices and instead of course correcting, they double down and continue to go on a self destructive path.  Sadly, this story reflects the life of way too many people I have seen in real life.

The erotic scenes in this story are filled with young love and hormones.  I love the edging and teasing Jax puts Sienna through.  Their sexy times are exuberant and a bit exhausting for an old lady like me to read.  They are little energizer bunnies and it is too cute. Recommended to the YA readers who love their drama.

  *provided by https://www.netgalley.com



Comments

Popular Posts