Review: The Effing List

The Effing List

@CheriseSinclair #effinglist #mustread

The Effing List by Cherise Sinclair
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am finally getting caught back up with Ms. Sinclair's Masters of Shadowland's series.  I remember when this came out and thinking, what an interesting name.  As with most of Ms. Sinclair's books, I ignored the blurb and just added it to my TBR after I purchased it.  When I cracked open this book, I didn't know what it was about other than some kinky sex to be had for all.  Little did I know it was so much more.  Wow, I LOVED this book.

I feel for Valerie.  She's willing to give it a go with her husband only to find him to be a complete jerk.  The way he goes about making her to be the bad guy and having her kids be terrible.  This is so typical and her kids are behaving in the manner expected of the immature and self-righteous.  Now that I'm older, I cringe at what I did as a kid to my parents.  I digress.  I loved this story because I feel for Valerie and her plight.  Her sexual awakening the better way is beautiful.  To see her blossom and also for karma to kick her husband's proverbial ass is sublime.

All the wrongs in this story were righted and that feels so good.  Rarely does it happen in real life so I enjoyed the escape from reality and into a fantasy where those who do bad finish last.  And the good guys win. *cheering*  Seeing how a BDSM club can go wrong even with the best of intentions is painful to witness in real life and in a book.  It is little things here and there that suddenly cause a safe haven to go sideways.  Both Shadowlands and Valerie parallel in their story of hitting rock bottom.  And with love and care, they both rise out of the ashes into something wonderful again.  I loved this comparison.  I also enjoyed how Ms. Sinclair shows the amount of work it takes to keep a club running.  It is a labour of love, not something easy.  Just like a relationship is a labour of love.  It all takes works to keep it going.  

The BDSM in this story rings true as always and deliciously erotic.  I highly recommend this kinky romance to readers who want a bit of spice in their romantic redemption tale.


Comments

Popular Posts