Review: Envy

Envy

@SNHunt1_Author #SexySaturday #Antihero

Envy by S.N. Hunt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The common theme of brothers ripped away from their soul mate binds this series together. What I like is how each brother is different and how they respond to their mate is different.  Aedin is the 5th brother and he embodies the beast Envy.  Unlike his other brothers, his beast refuses to come out. Becca, his mate in this life time is a musician with a horrible ability to see people's futures.  I love the set up for this one and I really like the kind of mythical creature Becca turned out to be.  This entire story is filled with sorrow and betrayal.  I do not Envy Aedin or Becca at all.  I find this irony delicious.

Becca and Aedin are a perfect match and seeing them dance around each other before they come together is fun.  What isn't fun, is seeing their back history which reads like the Red Wedding in the Game of Thrones.  I am completely heartbroken for Becca.  What makes this more moving for me is the reason why Aedin's beast refuses to come out and interact in the real world.  Whilst the rest of the brothers have to fight to keep their best from taking over, Aedin's beast is suspiciously sullen and antisocial. When the truth is revealed, I feel as though my knees our cut out from under me.  I can feel the grief leaping from the pages and overwhelming me with loss and yearning.  I love it!  Moved to tears is always a win for me.

There are some good sexy times in this book because . . . I mean, Becca is a rock star.  I find that each book in this series gets better and better. I cannot wait to read the next brother's book.  This erotic romance is recommended to readers who appreciate the grief due to loss. 

Featured Book Reviewer

Comments

Popular Posts