Review: Matched to the Minotaur

Matched to the Minotaur

Matched to the Minotaur by Luna Joya
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Monster romance? I'm there!  This one does not have tentacles but it does have a minotaur who does not shape shift into a human... Oh yes.  For this alone I'm interested in reading about it.  To my surprise this is a quartet with each of the four friends paired off with a special non-human mate.  Colour me intrigued.  I read this all in one sitting and it is a deliciously smexy fun one.

The premise of this story is straightforward with a fated mate theme.  From there, Ms Joya throws in demon matchmakers, other dimensions, whiny ex-boyfriends, and a big reveal.  I enjoyed all the twists and turns.  I liked the characters Meg and Leander.  They are both likeable and well suited to each other.  Their stilted interactions are adorable and as they get to know each other, their chemistry continues to grow.  

I did find the conflict to be a bit heavy handed and the way it was fixed danced right on the line of deus ex machina, but it worked for me.  I liked it and I am ready to read the very next book to see how Meg's best friends are paired up and what kind of shenanigans they run into with their fated mate.  This paranormal romance is recommended to monster lovers who enjoy the quirky.

 *provided by https://www.netgalley.com


Comments

Popular Posts