Review: Silk Malice

Silk Malice

Silk Malice by Eve Dangerfield
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What did I just read?  January Whitehall is a highly addictive drug for four criminals who have zero fucks to give. Book two of this series was a bit difficult for me to read through.  January is still a bit of a ditz.  What do we expect from an 18 year old?  Her naivety will not only get her killed, but her newly found knights trying to rescue her.  From a plot perspective this story is okay for me.  From a sex perspective, it was uncomfortably hawt.  This gives an average score of 3 stars. 

I am a fan of Ms. Dangerfield's writing style as well as her character development.  This series is a departure from her usual style and I believe it is because it is a collaboration across multiple writers in a universe populated with rich people.  The majority of the rich are corrupt and irredeemable.  Others, such as the main male characters are anti-heroes or at least criminals that change their tune due to an exceptionally amazing pussy.  You read that right.  This entire world of crazy guys bent on revenge is brought down by the sweet taste of pussy.  I had no idea there were that many magical pussies in the world.  Perhaps we would have less warfare if we strategically deployed magically pussies of mass destruction.  

I am a bit incredulous at this point but hey, I ended up rating this book a 3 star because even if I felt the story was okay and the characters lackluster, when they got into the sexy times, I liked it.  I too can be bribed with magical pussy it seems.  The four kidnappers are finally able to secure what they want from January.  It seems all is well after some heart to heart discussions.  Then the kicker hits.  The last few chapters show a different side of January's family that she didn't expected.  This is not surprising yet a bit disappointing.  I also want to know, how the hell does someone blow through 30 million dollars?  Seriously.  What the hell?  The amount of money thrown around in this story is ridiculous.  I am obviously in the wrong business.

The sex in this story is rough, primal and dirty.  All the ways that wet my wick.  Well, if I had a wick.  Involving a little naughty girl with a "daddy" play was so wrong but also made me perk up and enjoy the story.  This erotica is very loosely based on a Snow White theme.  The title of the book is definitely appropriate.  Recommended to readers who like filthy sex, mafia guys, and virgins.


* I received an ARC for an honest review

Comments

Popular Posts