Review: Tempted

Tempted Tempted by Lexi Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Diving back into the smexy and snarky world of the McKay-Taggart world, this time we feature one of the sexy Rycroft brothers.  West is a cowboy in the big city working as a security guard.  He is living life and enjoying it with his twin brother finally safe and in a place where he's accepted.  Being a bodyguard to the rich and famous can be tedious at times.  West is tired of the princesses of the world and when he meets Ally Pearson, his initial assumptions start him off on the wrong foot.  For those who may not remember Ally, her sister featured in the Bayou series.  Ally came across as a bit of an annoying snot but it hides something else that we finally get to see.

I like Ally.  She's been fit into a mold that isn't reality and trying to get out from under it is difficult.  This look into the movie actor world is dark and filled with drama.  I'm not sure where Ms. Blake gets her information but based on what I'm reading, it is pretty close to what tell it all actors have shared.  How dirty some of the directors are and how terrible some of the actors and actresses are in real life.

I felt bad for Ally throughout the entire story.  First, she's pigeonholed into a role. Second, her bodyguard treats her like a distasteful drama queen.  Third, she's being targeted by a stalker.  What I like about Ally is how logic she is and how she uses her experiences to help others.  She also uses her experiences in the movie world to apply to her life.  I like how level-headed she is, even if others don't get it.  

I was a little surprised by one of the bodyguards at McKay-Taggart and I'm glad that was handled.  The shaky romance between Ally and West made the relationship feel more realistic.  I liked how they brought out the best in each other.  This happily ever after romance is recommended to sugarkink lovers who enjoy sexy bodyguard themes.

*I received an ARC from Social Butterfly

Comments

Popular Posts