Review: Khan: A motorcycle club dark-and-twisted paranormal romance

Khan: A motorcycle club dark-and-twisted paranormal romance

#BDSM #BookReview #Intense #MustRead #Bookhangover #CandaceBlevins

Khan: A motorcycle club dark-and-twisted paranormal romance by Candace Blevins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

No ducks were harmed in the writing of this book. Read the book to understand why. :)

There are those who practice SSC.  There are those who practice RACK.  Khan throws these both out the door and is a Dom who goes balls to the walls.  Full disclosure, this is not a gateway into BDSM book.  This is an experienced kinkster read.  The BDSM scenes in this story are intense, edgyplay, and deviant. I loved it.

When it comes to intense BDSM, Ms. Blevins is my go to author. I look back to when I first started reading kink in '92. What I read was mild and plausible.  The whipping and flogging scenes gave me a little thrill and I didn't understand why.  Some scenes worked for me and others didn't yet they have the same "action" of impact play.  31 years and 1500+ BDSM books later, it is clear to me that I need all my senses engaged, including the D/s I love so much.  Khan is a full sensory book to delight the sensation whore in me. The sex scenes are incredible.  I wish this paranormal world really existed because there are too many dominants who play the style I like.  Plus, there is always vampire blood to help heal the incredible amount of damage they would inflict.

Over the years, I started with light sugarkink.  Ms. Blevins tends to pass right by the sugarkink and glitterkink and goes straight to the scenes that make most lifestyles run away screaming.  Then there are a few of us who are drawn to it, like a moth to flame.  Fire play .... mmmm.  I digress. 

Khan is a complex dominant who is not romantic, but he is caring in his own way. I am not sure if I am bias because I know he is Asian.  Since I'm raised Asian, I find Khan's taciturn manner and his strictness familiar and comforting in someways.  When he pairs up with one of his "brother's" sister, Tempe - the world lights up.  This relationship dance is an erotic tango filled with passion, danger, and lust.  I love it.  Their erotic power change is how a healthy one should be.  I thoroughly liked both characters.  I also liked how there is no contrived conflict because Tempe is a "brother's" sister.

Tempe doesn't know what she is getting into when her brother rescues her and takes her to live with Khan. She not only adjusts to being with a brother she hasn't seen in a long time, but she enters the paranormal world completely blind.  I loved how the paranormals have to hide and cover their extra senses when they are around Tempe.  I can visualize her confusion.  When you don't know the paranormal world exists, so many little actions don't exactly make sense.  It's like she is just one beat off compared to everyone around her.  Most wouldn't know it.  Tempe realizes it but she can't figure it out.

I loved everything about this story.  Writing this review makes me want to go read the book again.  This kinky romance is highly recommended to BDSM loves who like it hard, sharp, and adrenaline pumping.

* I received an ARC for an honest review.

Comments

Popular Posts