Review: Safeword: Mayday – Adding Their Fourth

Safeword: Mayday – Adding Their Fourth

#BuyItNow #MustRead #5Stars

Safeword: Mayday – Adding Their Fourth by Candace Blevins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

All my kinks and then some wrapped up in a romance. Charge your batteries if you do not have a plug in.  I absolutely loved this book.  This book is better experienced by reading the first one in this duet.  Heather and Kyle take a back seat in this story as Marcus comes to the forefront.  Marcus is looking for his perfect woman to transform this threesome into a kinky quartet.  A couple of test runs in the previous book left me feeling a bit let down. When I started to read this book, I remained wary because I didn't think Marcus's perfect partner would show up.  Boy was I wrong.

The introduction of the 4th person in this book pushed me into erotic ecstasy.  First off, Marcus's dominant side is up front and center.  He has been holding back with both Heather and Kyle.  In the previous book, he is more a mentor participant. He did receive some benefits but I always felt like he was missing something.  Well, he found his something.  Seeing Marcus through his perfect slave makes him even more attractive to me. He also finds a better balance with Heather and Kyle.

Second, whilst Heather and Kyle are not the focus, they certainly are not relegated to the corner and forgotten. Their interactions and relationship with their 4th adds an additional layer that makes this story so good for me. I didn't feel like Heather and Kyle were missing a piece to their relationship until Marcus found his love.  Suddenly, Heather and Kyle's relationship takes on a new level of growth this is fascinating for me to watch.

Third, I was completely floored by how the 4th came about. I am rarely blindsided in a story and yet I completely missed the clues. The backstory and how the 4th comes into this threesome makes so much sense.  In addition, I'm a bit heartbroken with what happened to her in the past.  I feel like her past leaves a gaping hole that is unresolved.  I am not sure if Ms. Blevins will ever touch upon a resolution or at least a closure for her, but if she does, I will be there, ready to read it.

Fourth, I absolutely loved every piece of the kink in this story.  Holy cow.  Each scene builds heat and arousal until near the end, I'm in kink heaven.  I think I vicariously experienced subspace reading what Marcus does to his lover.  Be forewarned - the kink in here goes quite extreme for some people. In one of the previous books in this series, Safewords Davenport and Chiffon - I believe one of the more extreme kinks was touched upon as part of a ceremony.  In here, Ms. Blevins blasts through that kink and takes a quantum leap and I'm ALL IN!  It totally plays into my kink fantasies and I cannot stop thinking about it and reading about it.  

The character building as well as the relationship development wins me in this book.  I liked every character and I grew to like Heather and Kyle better. I completely fell in love with Marcus.  I adore his slave.  Ms. Blevins created a winning foursome in this book.

When I read a book like this, I feel like Ms. Blevins is reaching into my mind and writing just for me.  I loved pretty much everything about this book except the push ups. That I didn't like at all.  I don't care why push ups were required.  I hate them. That would have been negotiated out for me.  No, it is not some code word for kink.  I really mean the exercise push ups.  I loathe them.

This erotic novel is highly recommended to BDSM readers who enjoy the darker fantasies and having their limits tested.  

* I received an arc for an honest review


Comments

Popular Posts