Review: Dark Needs

Dark Needs

#SexySaturday #Monster

Dark Needs by S.A. Price
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When it comes to dark steamy erotica, I can depend on Joely Sue Burkhart to deliver.  In this collection, she brings along four other authors.  These authors are now on my radar for smexy "monster" erotica.  I loved every single one of these stories and I want more.

I like how the five stories are connected with a common thread.  They are friends who are sharing an old house.  Each one of the stories is about a woman meeting their special "monster".  The first one, Nighttime Feeds by  Joely Sue Burkhart is a lovely reinterpretation of "wishes" in a bottle.  Erotically charged and beautifully written, it kicks the anthology off with a bang.

Love Across the Universe by Sidney St. James is a delightful little piece explaining the "monsters" underneath the stairs.  Ms. St. James is new to me and I love her imagination, especially tying into her childhood imaginary friends.  I like it!

Carvings by Cara North seems to pay homage to Snow White's mirror.  It is a sexy little piece with an "arrogant" thief.  I felt badly for the main character Penelope who was affected by the rabid cancel culture.  Whilst she didn't get cleared, the ending for her accuser was so satisfying. 

What Feeds the Garden by Naomi Elliot may be my favourite one.  I am a garden enthusiast and everything about this "monster" garden creature appeals to me.  I would swoon for such a delightful partner in gardening.  Honestly, everything about the green man is fantastic. 

The anthology rounds out with I live in Darkness by Dagmar Avery.  This one really caught my attention too.  Nova is the "tie" for all the other housemates.  What she learns about her benefactor is concerning.  I'm intrigued and want to learn more about this world.  I am hoping this is not the end for them.

Each of these have a terrific erotic component and I highly recommend this for paranormal readers who love dark edgy erotica.

Comments

Popular Posts